Required by the Team Lead plus one other Core Team Member:
- What is the Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) Program?
- Preparing for the Visa Office Interview
- On-line Workshop
Required Training by each Core Team Member:
- Preparing a Settlement Plan
- Preparing for Arrival and Orientation
- Fulfilling Your Obligations through Assurance
- Completing a Successful Sponsorship Year
- Power Imbalance - 3 minute audio
- Managing Expectations - resource kit with activities and video links. This training will be facilitated by the Team Lead or another "teacher" among you using the curriculum available below.
Volunteer Screening & Cultural Awareness
Along with the webinars/videos, each core team person and volunteers who wants to work one-on-one with newcomers after arrival must:
- submit the results of a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check to their Team Lead
- participate in Cultural Sensitivity training facilitated by the Team Lead
- participate in Volunteer Screening and orientation as provided by their church. If a church does not already have a volunteer screening program in place, the AGC recommends Plan to Protect Orientation Training. Due to outdated and some erroneous information, we do not recommend you take their Refugee and New Immigrant module, but rather their basic training.